Wednesday, June 2, 2021

What's The Buzz?


 Today in science we were doing a project called What's The Buzz? which you may have already guessed is something to do with bees. We were all given a small container which had a bumblebee in it, don't worry it was dead. There were three different types male bumblebees, worker bumblebees and queen bumblebees. I had a queen bumblebee. We were also given magnifying glasses and tweezers but there weren't that meany tweezers so I had to use my hands. Lots of people were real disgusted about it but I was fine with it. First we examined it and while I was examining it fell onto my lap and when I picked it up I found out it was quite fluffy. Then we had to fill out a worksheet and if we finished that then we wrote down some bee facts.   

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog post Anna. I could hear your personal voice.
    What were you curious about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I wasn't that curious about anything but I did learn that they have yellow stripes to tell predators that they are harmful.

      Delete
  2. It’s not often you get to hold a bee 😀 Would you like to try holding a wasp?

    ReplyDelete

  3. I expect you learned how important bees are in polinating plants that give us food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't actually but I already knew about it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna cool bumble bee and you got a queen bee lucky well have a great day see you another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi anna im chloe and i love your little bumble bee u have its so cute bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna is a queen bumble bee bigger than a bumble bee ? And that is cool that you did that for science was it fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Devyn,
      Yes a queen bumblebee is bigger than a normal one.What do you do for science?

      Delete